AHL Report Headlines: Monday November 27, 2017
|On this day in hockey history… 1960 — Gordie Howe becomes the first NHL player to reach the 1,000 points mark on an assist to a goal by Howie Glover. This was Howe’s 938th NHL game. 2015 — Dave Tippett becomes the 22nd coach in NHL history to earn 500 coaching wins. On this day, the Arizona Coyotes felled the Calgary Flames 2-1 at Gila River Arena.|
|Stay informed with AHL Report Headlines, everything you need to know in one convenient location. Got a tip? Send us an email: email@example.com or tweet us: @TheAHLReport !|
► Leighton on the move again
- The Arizona Coyotes assigned goaltender Michael Leighton to the AHL’s Chicago Wolves. Leighton, a five-time AHL All-Star, was acquired by the Coyotes on Nov. 14 in a trade from Tampa Bay. The trade seemed to take Leighton by surprise, who had spent most of the season in the AHL as a netminder for the Syracuse Crunch.
► Senators sign Kelly to PTO
- The Belleville Senators signed forward Chris Kelly to a professional tryout agreement. Kelly has played 833 games in the NHL, with Ottawa and Boston, scoring 123 goals and 166 assists. He also was a member of the Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup championship team.
— Belleville Senators (@BellevilleSens) November 24, 2017
► CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- The American Hockey League announced that Tucson Roadrunners forward Dylan STrome was been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending November 26, 2017. Strome had four goals and four assists in three games last week as the Roadrunners vaulted to the top of the Western Conference standings. He has since been recalled to the NHL by the Arizona Coyotes and is expected to be in the lineup on Tuesday night when they play the Edmonton Oilers – the team which his brother, Ryan, is also a forward.
— AHL (@TheAHL) November 27, 2017
- The American Hockey League announced that Tucson Roadrunners forward Conor Garland was suspended two games as a consequence of a cross-checking incident, and San Diego Gulls forward Michael Liambas was suspended for one game as a consequence of an elbowing incident, both occurring in a game between their teams at San Diego on Nov. 17.
- Cleveland Monsters defenseman Cameron Gaunce was suspended for three games as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 18.
- Syracuse Crunch forward Alex Gallant was been suspended for four games as a consequence of a charging incident in a game vs. Rochester on Nov. 22.
- San Antonio Rampage defenseman Mason Geertsen was suspended for three games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game at San Jose on Nov. 22.