AHL Report Headlines: Monday November 20, 2017
|On this day in hockey history… 1934 — For the first time in NHL history, a player scores four goals in one period of a regular-season game. Busher Jackson potted four goals in the third period for a 5-2 Maple Leafs victory over the St. Louis Eages. 1999 — Steve Yzerman joins legend Gordie Howe as the only two NHL players to score 1,500 points with the same team when he gets an assist in a 2-1 Red Wings loss to the Edmonton Oilers.|
|Stay informed with AHL Report Headlines, everything you need to know in one convenient location. Got a tip? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us: @TheAHLReport !|
► Lightning and Coyotes make a deal
- The Arizona Coyotes and Tampa Bay Lightning completed a trade where forward Tye McGinn and goaltender Michael Leighton would head to the desert in exchange for goaltender Louis Domingue.
- McGinn has recorded two goals and three assists in 11 AHL games with the Syracuse Crunch this season. Leighton, a five-time AHL All-Star, appeared in nine AHL games with Syracuse this season, going 3-3-2 with a 3.03 goals-against average and an .868 save percentage. Domingue was 0-6-0 in seven NHL appearances with Arizona this season. He has played 84 games in his NHL career, going 27-41-7 with a 3.00 GAA, a .906 save percentage and two shutouts.
— Louis Domingue (@domingue35) November 17, 2017
► T-Birds sign Fortunus to PTO
- The Springfield Thunderbirds announced the signing of defenseman Maxime Fortunus to a professional try-out contract. Fortunus, 34, has skated in 828 regular-season games over 14 seasons in the American Hockey League with Houston, Manitoba, Texas and Iowa. He has totaled 74 goals and 200 assists for 274 points.
► CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- The American Hockey League announced that San Antonio Rampage goaltender Spencer Martin was selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Nov. 12, 2017. Martin stopped 73 of the 74 shots he faced over two starts last week, backstopping the Rampage to back-to-back road wins (2-0-0, 0.50, .986).
— San Antonio Rampage (@sarampage) November 13, 2017
- Toronto Marlies forward Mason Marchment was suspended for two games as a consequence of a cross-checking incident in a game at Binghamton on Nov. 10.
- San Diego Gulls forward Scott Sabourin was suspended for two games as a consequence of a cross-checking incident in a game vs. Stockton on Nov. 10.
- Rochester Americans defenseman Andrew MacWilliam was suspended for one game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Belleville on Nov. 11.
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins defenseman Andrey Pedan was suspended for three games as a consequence of a charging incident in a game vs. Providence on Nov. 11.
- Rochester Americans forward Arvin Atwal was suspended for one game as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Hartford on Nov. 17. Atwal was assessed an instigator penalty within the final five minutes of the third period, resulting in an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 46.22.