AHL Report Headlines: Sunday November 5, 2017
|On this day in hockey history… 1983 — Ken Yaremchuk and Darryl Sutter set an NHL record for scoring the fastest two goals from the start of a period in a game against the Minnesota North Stars. The Blackhawks players scored 12 seconds and 21 seconds, respectively, into the second period of the 10-5 loss. 2011 — For the first time in 28 years, the Philadelphia Flyers have eight different goal scorers in a single game: a 9-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets.|
|Stay informed with AHL Report Headlines, everything you need to know in one convenient location. Got a tip? Send us an email: email@example.com or tweet us: @TheAHLReport !|
► Senators sign Werek to AHL Deal
- The Belleville Senators signed forward Ethan Werek to an AHL deal for the remainder of the season. Werek was playing in Belleville on a PTO and currently leads the team in scoring with eight points.
— AHL Report (@TheAHLReport) November 4, 2017
► CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- The American Hockey League announced Tucson Roadrunners forward Dylan Strome was selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending October 29, 2017. Over the course of three games, Strome helped his team to victories on each occasion by tallying seven points, with a plus-8 rating.
— Tucson Roadrunners (@RoadrunnersAHL) October 30, 2017
► Monthly Award Winners for October
- The American Hockey League announced its award-winning players for the month of October:
- Stockton Heat forward Andrew Mangiapane was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month, after starting the season with five goals and 10 assists for 15 points to go with a plus-10 rating.
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Mike Vecchione, the CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month, tallied two goals and eight assists for 10 points with a plus-8 rating in 10 games.
- Utica Comets goaltender Thatcher Demko, the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month, helped the Comets through their season-opening seven-game road trip, allowing only eight goals on 160 shots in five appearances, going 4-1-0 with a 1.61 goals-against average, a .950 save percentage and one shutout.
— LehighValleyPhantoms (@LVPhantoms) November 1, 2017
- San Diego Gulls defenseman Stu Bickel was suspended for five (5) games as a consequence of his actions in a game at Texas on Oct. 27.
- Binghamton Devils forward Jan Mandat was suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Springfield on Oct. 28.
► Season signings
- The Springfield Thunderbirds signed defenseman Tim Erixon to an AHL contract. Erixon has one assist and a plus-3 rating in five AHL games with the Binghamton Devils this season.