AHL Report Headlines: Sunday December 3, 2017
|On this day in hockey history… 1949 — Toronto Maple Leafs forward George Armstrong plays in his first NHL game, on his way to becoming the only Maple Leafs player to skate with the team through four decades. Armstrong set a team record of appearing in 1,187 games. 1970 — A power play goal in the second period of a game between the Detroit Red Wings and Los Angeles Kings allows Frank Mahovlich to become the NHL’s sixth player to reach 400 career goals.|
|Stay informed with AHL Report Headlines, everything you need to know in one convenient location. Got a tip? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us: @TheAHLReport !|
► Canadiens, Rangers exchange forwards
- The New York Rangers acquired forward Peter Holland from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forward Adam Cracknell. Holland had skated in 20 games with the AHL’s Laval Rocket this season, registering eight goals and 10 assists. Cracknell, 32, has two goals and one assist in 15 AHL games with the Hartford Wolf Pack this season, and also appeared in four NHL contests with the Rangers.
— Adam Cracknell (@ACracknell25) November 30, 2017
► Devils and Ducks make a deal
The Anaheim Ducks acquired forwards Adam Henrique and Joe Blandisi, along with a third-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for defenseman Sami Vatanen and a conditional third-round pick in the 2019 or 2020 NHL Draft. Blandisi has three goals and 11 assists in 19 AHL games with the Binghamton Devils this season, his third in professional hockey.
► Monthly Award Winners for November
- The American Hockey League announced Manitoba Moose forward Jack Roslovic, Tucson Roadrunners forward Dylan Strome and Manitoba Moose goaltender Michael Hutchinson have been selected as the league’s award winners for November.
- Roslovic, the CCM/AHL Player of the Month, racked up a league-best 19 points (eight goals, 11 assists) along with a plus-13 rating in 14 games this month for Manitoba.
- Strome, the CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month, tallied seven goals and nine assists for 16 points in nine games for Tucson during November. He has since been recalled to the Arizona Coyotes.
- Hutchinson, the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month, won all six of his starts in November and allowed only eight total goals despite facing an average of 37.7 shots per game.
Dylan Strome, Michael Hutchinson and Jack Roslovic have been named @CCMHockey and AHL award-winners for the month of November.
— AHL (@TheAHL) December 1, 2017
► Season signings
The Springfield Thunderbirds announced the signing of forward Bobby Farnham to an AHL Standard Player Contract. The 28-year-old native of North Andover, MA has skated in 16 games for the Thunderbirds in the 2017-18 season, scoring two goals and adding three assists along with 33 penalty minutes. A year ago in St. John’s, Farnham set personal career highs at the AHL level in goals (11), assists (17), points (28), and plus-minus (+10).
- The AHL announced a three-game suspension for Bridgeport Sound Tigers forward Connor Jones for a slew-footing incident in a game at Utica on December 1, 2017.